Electronics manufacturer Hon Hai Technology Group, known as Foxconn, unveiled a range of three electric vehicles during a company event held in Taipei. The Taiwanese company is known for manufacturing Apple devices including iPhones, iPads, and the Apple Watch among others.
Taiwanese high-tech giant Foxconn is considering building electric vehicles (EVs) in Europe, India, and Latin America, including “indirectly” collaborating with German automakers, Liu Young-way said.
Foxconn Announces Entry into EV Market, Shows 3 Concept Vehicles.
According to a Reuters report, Foxconn has plans to manufacture electric vehicles in India, Europe, and Latin America. While speaking to reporters during the event in Taipei, Liu Young-way, the chairman of the Foxconn group said that the company cannot speak about its plans for the three regions due to disclosure restrictions.
Asked if he would work with a German car company, he said “indirectly” that the timelines were first in Europe, then in India and Latin America, and Mexico was “very possible”. Added.
Foxconn, Best known For.
- Making iPhone Device for Apple has set a goal of providing components or services to 10% of EVs worldwide between 2025 and 2027. This is because we aim to diversify our revenue sources away from contracted electronics manufacturers.
- “These are the advantages and strengths that Taiwan has cultivated over the years.”
Liu said earlier in the same forum that Taiwan had a natural advantage in EV manufacturing due to its existing strengths in software and semiconductors.
The company has showcased three concept electric vehicles.
- A little less than a year later, Foxconn has unveiled three electric vehicle models — Model C recreational vehicle (SUV), Model E sedan, and the Model T electric bus.
- The flagship Model E, developed with Italian design house Pininfarina, will be a five-seater car and have a range of 750 kilometers. It will be launched in 2023, the company said.
- The electric bus will have a range of around 400 kilometers on a single charge. And it could hit the roads next year. The bus will have a top speed of 120 km/hr. and include features like an advanced temperature management system, according to Taiwan News.