Brain fingerprinting technology is a scientific computer-based technique that is used to find determine whether particular information is stored in a person’s mind or not. The brain analyzes, executes, and records that action.
Brain Fingerprint is discovered by Dr. Lawrence Farewell. This technology is used in legal cases or scenarios, whether the person is lying or telling the truth.
Table of Contents
It is used to identify the criminal on the basis of brain print when we show some images or handwriting to them (criminal). It gathers electrical signals within the brain through the head of a person by electroencephalography (EEG) signals which show the brain’s responses to images, writings on a computer screen or mobile phone, or anything.
These signals are also known as p300 signal mermer. The full form of MERMER is memory and encoding-related multifaceted electroencephalographic response (MERMER). It is a kind of series of brain waves and makes use of the p300 complex which means that the brain can give responses in 300 milliseconds.
How does It work?
Brain fingerprint uses intellectual brain responses. It does not depend on the emotion of the person and also it is not affected by emotional responses.
It is subject to finding whether the particular information is stored in a person’s mind or not and whether the person has seen or not some images or writings before.
Steps: How Brain Fingerprint Technology Works
- The person has to be worn headband/hairband. This special headband contains electronic sensors that measure the EEG from the head(scalp) of the person.
- Then some images are shown to them on a computer screen, on mobile phones on paper, or on anything.
- Then it generates brainwaves and then the brain responses are recorded through MERMER.
- Then it generates some analog or signals which tell us whether that information is stored in a person’s mind or not.
- Red Lines- Information the suspect is expected to know.
- Green Lines– Information not to suspect.
- Blue Lines- Information of the crime that perpetrator could know. A perpetrator is a person who carries out a harmful or illegal activity.
Brain Mapping Test
A brain mapping test is a type of test that measures the electrical activity in the brain. In this test, the person or criminal is wearing a wired helmet that is connected to the computer.
The helmet has electronic sensors and sensors record all the movements in the brain and shows that movement on the screen.